Steve Trojan, CPA has recently completed the necessary training and testing to earn the designation of Certified Divorce Financial Analyst®. This program, provided by The Institute for Divorce Financial Analysts™ (IDFA™) is a specialized educational program in professional divorce analysis and provides training to provide financial information and assistance to people going through a divorce.
Steve can help evaluate the tax and financial implications of dividing property as well as the various settlement options and child and spousal support payments. With his extensive tax background and analytical skills, he is well-positioned to assist you in the divorce negotiation process.
A CDFA® works with clients individually or as couples in a collaborative basis, helping them to come to grips with the financial reality of their individual divorce situation. Developing comprehensive insight of the short and long-term financial effects of divorce can save valuable time, money and distress, especially if the process is conducted early in the legal proceedings.
How Steve can help you:
• Help make divorcing couples make logical sense of the financial issues in their divorce.
• Analyze the tax and financial impact of various property settlement proposals
• Help determine the short-term and long-term financial impact of a proposed divorce settlement to make sure it works now as well as down the road
• Help couples avoid the common financial pitfalls of divorce by offering valuable insight into the pros and cons of different settlement proposals
• Create post-divorce budgets and financial plans
• Litigation support, expert witness
The IDFA™ trains professional – financial planners, accountants, and lawyers – to determine the financial needs and outcomes for couples after divorce. Founded in 1993, IDFA™ currently has more than 2,000 CDFAs across the United States and Canada. For more information about IDFA™ or the CDFA® designation, visit institutedfa.com.