We wanted to let you know about improvements we have been hard at work implementing during the last 6 months of 2022. They are designed to improve our abilities to provide the best services to you.
The biggest change we are making is moving to a new client project management system. This new software is called TaxDome and it will improve our ability to track projects internally and communicate with you.
This change involves new portals for our clients. These portals will eventually become a hub for everything related to tax services and we believe it will make organizing your tax life simpler and more effective. This will be replacing Sharefile over the next few months.
Benefits To You
The benefits we expect for you include:
- The portal will act as a central hub for your tax information including your organizers, service agreements, tasks you need to complete, messaging with staff, etc.
- More easily share and receive sensitive documents.
- Complete questionnaires and sign annual engagement letters
- Sign e-File authorizations
- Stay up to date on pending tasks we’ve asked you to complete. These will be in your portal so you will know if we need anything from you to continue working on your return.
- You will have access to a mobile app you can use to access everything and will give you the ability to scan documents and send them securely right to your portal.
- Your questionnaires can be started, saved as drafts, and continued at a later date.
- We will be building in more communication to our processes such as notifying you when your return has been started, and when our final review process is started.
What Happens Next?
Over the next 4 weeks, we will start sending out invitations to set up a client portal. You will receive a message inviting you to establish your portal. The activation process is extremely easy and takes only a minute or two.
As we have in the past, any documents you send us should be sent to your portal. Do not use email for documents with sensitive personal information as email is not secure.
The following is a brief overview of how to get started:
Step 1. Click on the “Activate Account” button in your email and follow the prompts to add a password.
Step 2. Access your portal
Step 3. View the work to be done
The first page you see is your dashboard, with notifications about important updates such as unseen notifications, pending organizers, and unread documents. Here you will also find our company contact information.
Step 4. Browse the main menu in the left sidebar
From the sidebar, you can quickly navigate to where you need to go in your portal.
Documents: this is where you upload your documents, sign them with an e-signature and download everything we have prepared for you.
Messages : From here you can ask us any questions or respond to any of our requests.
Organizers: You will fill in all the necessary questionnaires we need to prepare your documents.
Contracts: You will sign the optional commitment letters used to define the scope of our obligations to each other.
Invoices: This is where you pay invoices for our services and view payments.
Settings: This is where you add additional users to your account as needed.
If you need any further information about the program, please do not hesitate to contact us or visit https://client-help.taxdome.com/.
A mobile app is available!
Check out the mobile app! Using the app, you can share documents, provide signatures, take and upload photos of documents, and more!
if you would like to download it you can do so by clicking here:
Once you have opened the mobile app, enter your email address and password to log in. You can also access your portal from any device by going to our website: https://flatironadvisors.taxdome.com/
Need more help?
Not sure you fully understand how it all works right away? Check out these help options:
Visit the Customer Help area (https://client-help.taxdome.com) for detailed instructions on how to upload documents, send messages and sign documents, etc.
Watch the TaxDome Customer Academy videos on YouTube for even more information on using the Customer Portal. Use this link to watch videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50TCYwEnlDo